Thursday, July 29, 2010

blog? where?

as my year with VISTA starts to wind down, I'm thinking more and more about what I've learned from this year. I view every experience as a learning lesson, and this was certainly no exception.

here's what I have so far:
1. I take things way too personally. This has become an issue, especially when it's work-related.
2. people still see me as being "just a kid." this really bothers me, especially when I'm less than two months away from turning 24.
3. All future homes must have a full-sized kitchen, or at least more than one countertop.
4. small children are vessels for diseases, especially the flu
5. Having a roommate is preferable to living solo.

Don't get me wrong, though...I had some great experiences, too! such as:
1. everyone should live alone at some point in their life. it's a great way to build character.
2. exercise is a fantastic form of stress relief.
3. if it's not worth fighting for, it's not worth having. That was my mantra when applying for grad school.
4. houseplants are a wonderful substitute for pets.
5. basil plants are especially handy, especially when you cook often.
6. lentils are a staple in any poor person's kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment