Thursday, September 17, 2009

PTO and Cheesy Nacho Jokes

it's only thursday, but i'm definitely feeling ready for the weekend. this feeling was made evident this morning when i realized that i left my travel mug of coffee, breakfast bar, and lunch at my apartment when i ran back up there to get my car key (even though it was in my purse the whole time). of course, i didn't realize this until was about five minutes away from the school, and did not have the time/energy to turn around and drive another 30 minutes back to my apartment to grab everything. i happened to be near a gas station at the time, so i ran in and grabbed a large cup of coffee there. i didnt realize i forgot my lunch until i was in the school parking lot, so my options are to either run to a convenience store to grab some food or subside on the trail mix and chips i have in my purse. the trail mix was my breakfast, which proved to be very filling. i'm starting to think i can make the rest of the school day on this. i'm actually more concerned about the yogurt i left out in my apartment.

yesterday was a very long day for me (i actually logged 10 hours, which means i should be able to get flex hours for next week). i spent the majority of the school day reading Beyond the Bake Sale in order to get some ideas for school events. I got a lot of good ideas down, but I need to form an Action Team before i can plan anything. we had a staff meeting after school, during which i learned that the school has to let go of the art/music/health teacher, ms. christy. i'll miss her terribly, since she was so welcoming to me and open to collaborating with me on some of my ideas.

after the meeting i ran to walgreens to get some snacks, ended up sitting in traffic for 30 minutes because of an accident, and then ran back to the school for the PTO meeting. about 20 parents said they would come, but only two actually showed up. talked about a lot of things, including writing letters to the school board about ms. christy. got home at around 8:00 and immediately started working on dinner before i even got changed. yes folks, i made dinner in a dress and heels. managed to get my pajamas on while dinner was in the oven, though.

tomorrow is third friday count. this is an important day for mps schools, because this is when they take the official student count, which determines how much money the school gets. schools will usually schedule a movie day or picture day as incentive for students to show up. maple tree is doing a nacho party and giving away free books to students. because i will be here for the party, i will be telling my cheesy nacho joke all day!

No comments:

Post a Comment