Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Winds of Change

happy belated fall equinox!

also, i'd like to devote this entry to the death of the carafe from my coffeemaker. i am unsure of how i will go on until the replacement arrives. im not sure if i can afford to maintain my caffeine addiction if i go to the mcdonalds drive-thru everyday until it arrives.

it's definitely starting to feel like fall here. though it's still muggy outside, i'm starting to feel cravings for hot apple cider and have spotted pumpkins for sale at pick 'n save. i'm very excited to make pumpkin ravioli soon! if only i had my quest card...

for those of you who are unaware of my situation with foodshare, i'm stuck in a waiting period right now. i submitted my application on august 20th and was told that i qualified for immediate assistance, since i have no income. however, two weeks went by without being contacted by esc. i finally called them on my last day of training at parents plus. the woman i spoke to was very helpful and told me that it was good that i called, because they have received a large amount of applications and it would have taken them awhile to contact me. she then told me exactly what to fax in: a copy of my lease agreement, a letter from americorps, and a copy of my driver's license. i faxed in all three the next day.

when i got home after faxing them the information, i received a letter saying that they needed proof of employment from american eagle. after several phone calls, i was told that the store was undergoing management overhaul and that they were bringing in a new head manager for the store. several unreturned phone calls later, i finally spoke to her, and she referred me to the work number. the work number is a service used by many corporations for social service and benefits purposes. I called ESC again and got the information to them last friday. i was told that it will take 10 business days to process this information. i plan on calling them tomorrow or friday to follow up and make sure that they are making progress on this.

the good news is that the money will be pro-rated from the date i submitted my application, so i'm looking at another $200 on my card.

also, i'm pretty sure my supervisor at maple tree has esp, because she came in with a gift bag with goodies that included gift cards and chocolate that she was given to give to me after orientation right after i thought to myself how i really needed some chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment