Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Remember that time I actually updated my blog?

Naturally, a lot has happened since my last post. there isn't enough time to go into detail, so i'm just going to do a fresh start.

today is our Read Across America celebration in conjunction with Dr. Seuss' birthday. Students and staff were invited to wear their pajamas to school, and parents were asked to join us for breakfast/lunch and to read to their child's class. I managed to get donations from panera for breakfast and lunch, as well as from bruegger's for breakfast.

I came in at 9:00 this morning because the sandwiches had to be made fresh this morning. Also factor in the fact that panera thought the event wasn't until April 2nd (that was a fun conversation). Have I heard any positive remarks in the hour I have been here? no. here is what I've heard so far:
"When are the students getting their posters back from the black history poster contest?"
"What do you want to do with all of this breakfast food from the breakfast that no parents came to?"
"There's no reason to serve a snack at your event if the HIP coordinator is serving dinner later that day."
"Is there snack today?"
"What's on these sandwiches?"

oh, did i mention the roach i found in my office?

I also got another chocolate stain on my americorps hoodie while drowning my sorrows in a chocolate croissant that I shouldn't have eaten, since I'm still recovering from yesterday's chocolate overload (dark chocolate from trader joe's followed by a boston cream donut during the Action Team meeting).

so I guess the point to all this rambling is that I'm not really feeling appreciated. maybe I'm feeling the six-month blues, but no matter what the reason is, I feel like I need nothing more than someone at this school to tell me that I'm doing a good job.

time to go return snack money to all the teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment